Monday, January 16, 2012

Recipe Review: Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken

Recipe source: Diary of a Recipe Addict

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and tried it out. The above link will take you to the original blog and recipe (she has more detailed pictures on her site). I downsized her recipe for just two people and changed a couple details.
The Haught Lady's Printable Recipe

It was DELICIOUS! My husband is a huge fan of bacon, so he was my critic. He said he would have liked a little more spicy flavor (so more chili powder next time), but overall he really enjoyed it. I loved it, so whatever!
Hello lovers
It was a little bit of work, but it only took me about 20 minutes to assemble and then 30 minutes to bake. I had all the ingredients in my freezer and pantry already, so no trip to the store for me. I really want to try it on the grill, I'm sure that would make it even better. It's probably not the healthiest dish, but when bacon is involved... we don't worry about health as much as deliciousness. :-) BUT because you cut the chicken breast into thirds, the portions are smaller, which I really like. I give this recipe a 9 out of 10 for easy ingredients, small portions, yum factor, and happy husband.

Happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. Marco and I are a fan. We paleo-kids love the bacon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! I didn't know you guys were doing Paleo. Chris's sister and brother-in-law just started that. I've been really interested in trying it too. Let me know how it's going for you guys. <3

      Delete